Recently I have been actively involved in carrying out the rolling out of VNA. Training for the internal VMware folks as well as the VMware partners. So what is exactly VNA and whats in for you?
VMware Virtual Network Assessment(VNA) is a assessment that analyzes network traffic patterns within your data center. In 24 to 72 hours the assessment delivers:
• Insights into the security risk (amount of East-West traffic) present in your network
• A preview of actionable NSX micro-segment recommendations for your network
• Opportunities to optimize network performance with NSX
How do I get my assessment?
You can contact me or your VMware partner to request your Virtual Network Assessment today. When your assessment is complete, an NSX expert will review your report and outline how NSX can help secure your network.
Are there any technical requirements to getting an Assessment?
• vSphere 5.5 or above
• ESXi 5.5 update 2 (build 2068190)
• ESXi 6.0 update 1b (3380124)
• ESXi 6.5
• vSphere Distributed Switch
Here is a video on VNA.
Early this month we announced VMUG-NV (blog post). Calling out fellow network and security professionals, join in the NSX community! There are prizes to be won!
Beginning April 3, 2017, we are going to be giving prizes to active community members!
These prizes may include:
(1) VMware NSX training package worth over $4,000. The package includes
– VMware NSX Install, Configure, Manage Self-Paced E-learning Training
– VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization Self-Paced Exam Preparation
– Exam voucher for VCP-NV Exam
– VMware vSphere Foundations Self-Paced Exam Preparation
– Exam voucher for vSphere Foundations Exam
(2) VMUG Advantage Memberships with EVALExperience which provides 365-day trial licenses to VMware software
(3) VMware NSX and VMUG branded items
To win any of the prizes listed above, members only need to be active in the community. By simply asking questions, answering questions, or posting comments to any of the topics in the NSX community at VMUG you could be picked to win a prize.
Prizes will be awarded randomly throughout the month of April. A new winner will be picked every day of the month!
This has been one of my goals for 2017 where I wanted to submit at least one paper for VMworld 2017. I am glad that I could come up with two sessions and Arup on third session. All sessions will be presented by both of us.
The VMware content team just announced that public voting is now open and I would request you to spend a couple of minutes of your time to vote for my sessions and other which you would like to see in the upcoming VMworld 2017.
Below are the details of the abstracts submitted for each session and what can be expected. Click on any of the session titles to cast your vote.
Procedure to vote:
- Click here which will take you to the VMworld session catalog.
- Click on Stars next to Session title. It will redirect for the Login. If you have existing login credentials, please kindly log in and cast your vote. If you do not have an existing account, please kindly register with VMworld website and subsequently cast your vote for our sessions.
I sincerely hope that you will spend a couple of minutes of your time to vote for the sessions if you think these sessions would help you. Thank you very much.
Hope to make it to my first VMword in 2017!